Hints for Instagram Direct:
- Look through your photo stream to find your most engaged fans, e.g. fans who comment a lot or favorite your photos more than others.
- These fans are the most likely to buy your products and services.
- You may create a group of these fans to introduce new products, special promotions, announce giveaways and contests or drive traffic to your website.
- You still have to use a picture or video to get started, as Instagram Direct doesn’t support text-only messages AND
- When using Instagram Direct for marketing, please use something creative and interesting. Otherwise this could appear spammy and result in users unfollowing you.
Instagram definitely is not a 100% no-brainer, as using it in a professional manner involves preparation, building and managing an audience constantly, staying on top of the latest trends and functionality and more…but if you are ready to take advantage of the nice functionality – even if only for creating and sharing with Facebook or Twitter, then it is a great tool and definitely not a waste of any marketers time.
Finally, in case you decided to opt for using Instagram for photos or videos consider that you always should try to be personal and before starting to post you first should try to learn more about whom is your potential target group. What are topics they like, what visuals do they engage with and what could be branded stories they are likely to pick up and talk about. For new trends on Instagram try to act quickly, but hej, don’t worry if you miss one – in other words be resilient and keep trying.
We wish you a lot of fun trying Instagram as your new social media marketing channel. Any requests on how to use Instagram for your brand? Let us know via email@example.com
Any experience yet with Instagram usage as a brand? We would be very curious about the results and ideas. So please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org or share it via the comment field below. Happy #instamood, #picoftheday, #instasmjle,…
Social Media Examiner – Create Winning Instagram Profile
Eyefortravel – Social Media and Marketing | 6 Ways To Build Your Presence On Instagram
Leonardo Blog – Vine and Instagram Part 1