1. Use a combination of photos, virtual tours and videos that reflect your brand identity to provide the shopper with a variety of media to facilitate their research throughout all stages of the shopping journey.
2. Create snackable videos that are 12 – 45 seconds in length to capture the essence of your property’s features & amenities that guests are most interested in:
- Guest rooms & suites
- Popular restaurant and lounge facilities
- Well-equipped fitness areas
- Nearby attractions
- Wedding or meeting facilities
3. Complement your multi-media with carefully written descriptive text and attention grabbing captions. Remember consumers “scan” for information online. Present them with the complete story that will motivate them to choose you.
4. Use the highest quality media that your budget can afford adhering to the specifications appropriate for the platforms and devices consumers are using.
5. There are multi-media production options for every budget out there, ranging from high definition virtual tours, and video slideshows to full motion “Hollywood style” creations.
Every hotel has a story and the key is curating and displaying the content into something meaningful to the shopper, so that your property is remembered, booked and shared.
For a more comprehensive overview please visit Leonardo´s ebook ‘Leonardo Best Practices: Multi-Media Guidelines for Hotel Marketers‘.
 Gioglio, Jessica, and Ekaterina Walter. The Power of Visual Storytelling: How to Use Visuals, Videos, and Social Media to Market Your Brand. 1st ed. McGraw-Hill, 2014. Print
 19 Reasons You Should Include Visual Content in Your Marketing [Data]: Hubspot Blog Post
 TripAdvisor Insights: How To Bring Your Photos To Life With A Slideshow
Leonardo is a technology and online media company for the global hospitality industry. We provide e-marketers at hotel brands, management companies and hotel properties with technology, sales conversion tools and a global travel media network that enables them to better visually merchandise their hotels to millions of in-market travel shoppers monthly.
Our core products, the VScape® Digital Asset Management System and VBrochure™ Online Merchandising System, leverage the VNetwork™ – the largest media syndication network in the industry. It includes all major search engines, Global Distribution Systems, online travel agencies, travel research and supplier websites, search portals, review, travel editorial, local directories and major social media and video sharing sites.
Taking advantage of VBrochure’s mobile and social media platforms, hotels can ensure that their rich visual presentations reach consumers on their mobile devices and through their social graphs.
For more information about Leonardo, visit www.leonardo.com.