In the latest case study by Facebook the statistics of TripAdvisor´s integrated OpenGraph application has been shared and proven to deliver solid social results:
- 1 billion Open Graph actions posted
- 39 million monthly active Facebook visitors to its Facebook app
- More than doubled new users acquired through Facebook in 2012, helping to grow marketable members nearly 100% year-over-year to 44 million
- 1 in 3 of new TripAdvisor reviews are written by people who sign on using Facebook Login
- Since relaunching the TripAdvisor canvas app with Open Graph, monthly active users increased 10 times through the combination of activities including News Feed, timeline, and an advertising campaign
- Facebook connected users are:
- 27% more engaged
- Contribute 2 times more content
- Generate more revenue
Now, how is this done?
Having integrated all services with Facebook Login, TripAdvisor made the necessary steps to be able to connect with each user’s full social graph. And then, by affiliating TripAdvisor and Facebook accounts, TripAdvisor gets access to friends, interests and related data available on Facebook´s OpenGraph. Nicely done one would say…here the typical display on Facebook´s timeline:
And here the map display:
Integrating this data set TripAdvisor´s canvas app has seen a 7 times increase in the number of installs encouraging travellers to identify cities they’ve visited and want to go to.
Further information displayed covers cities friends have visited, what places they have stayed in and the reviews friends have left.
Within the app, users can create travel maps, rate attractions, earn badges and compare/compete with friends; all features with the purpose to boost Tripadvisor´s viral exposure. Here an example for the badges to compare and compete with:
So again, another good reason for any businesses such as hotels, restaurants, spas and other sights listed on TripAdvisor to get the most out of it.
Get the full case study by Facebook at: https://developers.facebook.com/showcase/tripadvisor/